जयपुर लिटरेचर फेस्टिवल 2017
ज़ी जेएलएफ की आठवीं लिस्ट में शामिल १० दिग्गजों के नाम
- जावेद अख्तर
- ऐश्वर्या धनुष
- मानव कौल
- पैट्रिक फ्रेंच
- मेई फोंग
- अनुराधा बेनीवाल
- फ्रैंक ट्रेंटमैन
- रघु कर्नाड
- रिचर्ड सेनेट
- फ्रैंक थिल्लिएज़
Jaipur Literature Festival 2017 Speakers...
2. Aishwarya Dhanush’s memoir Standing On An Apple Box chronicles her childhood memories, the experiences of being the daughter of superstar Rajnikanth and being married to a person who is equally well-known in the industry. In August 2016, Dhanush was appointed as India's UN Women's advocate for Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment. In 2012, she won the Newsmaker of the Year Award at the JFA Women Achievers Awards. She has also received the Kalaimamani Award for Dance from the Government of Tamil Nadu. Her memoir chronicles her life’s highs and lows.
4. Patrick French is a British biographer and historian who lives in New Delhi. He is the author of India, The World Is What It Is, an authorised biography of Nobel Laureate V.S. Naipaul which won the National Book Critics Circle Award, Tibet, Liberty or Death and Young-husband. He is currently working on the authorised biography of Doris Lessing.
5. Mei Fong is an award-winning writer whose book on China’s one-child policy debuted with ‘impeccable timing’ (Los Angeles Review of Books) and explores the unintended consequences of the policy through a narrative-rich story that is ‘evocatively rendered and peppered with quirky characters’ (Wall Street Journal), including a sex-doll salesman and a dating guru. Formerly a Wall Street Journal China correspondent, Fong is believed to be the first Malaysian to win a Pulitzer. She is currently a fellow at the New America Foundation.
7. Frank Trentmann is Professor of History at Birkbeck College, University of London. He is the author of the prize-winning Free Trade Nation: Consumption, Civil Society and Commerce in Modern Britain. His new book, Empire of Things: How We Became a World of Consumers, Fifteenth Century to the Twenty-First Century, was published in 2016 and with several foreign translations set to appear in 2017.
8. Raghu Karnad is a journalist and the author of Farthest Field: An Indian Story of the Second World War. The book received the Sahitya Akademi Yuva Puraskar and was shortlisted for the English PEN prize for historical non-fiction in 2016. He has written for Granta, the International New York Times, the Financial Times, n+1 and Caravan, and is an editor-at-large at theWire.in.
9. Richard Sennett writes about cities, labour and culture. He is the author of The Uses of Disorder, The Hidden Injuries of Class, The Fall of Public Man, Authority, The Conscience of the Eye and Flesh and Stone. In the mid 1990s, as the work-world of modern capitalism began to alter, Sennett began a project charting its personal consequences for workers. The first of these studies, The Corrosion of Character, is an ethnographic account of how middle-level employees make sense of the ‘new economy’. The second, Respect in a World of Inequality, charts the effects of new ways of working on the welfare state and the third, The Culture of the New Capitalism, provides an overview of change. Sennett has also written three novels titled The Frog Who Dared to Croak, An Evening of Brahms and Palais Royal. Most recently, Sennett has explored the positive aspects of labour in The Craftsman and Together: The Rituals, Pleasures and Politics of Cooperation. The third volume in this trilogy, The Open City, was published in 2016.
10. Franck Thilliez is a French writer and screenwriter. One of his short stories was recently used as the basis of a modern art exhibition for the Palais de Tokyo in Paris. In 2015, he was the third bestselling French thriller writer and is known for combining cutting-edge science with deep psychological analysis and extraordinary imagination. His book La Chambre des morts (The Room of the Dead) was made into a film. Syndrome E and Bred to Kill are the first two volumes of a five-part bestselling series, which also includes three standalones. The latest in the series Rêver (Dreaming), was published in May 2016 and was met with great success.
▲▲लाइक कीजिये अपडेट रहिये
(ये लेखक के अपने विचार हैं।)००००००००००००००००